The following page outlines Ultimate Fitness’s policy on coronavirus cancellations and travel restrictions. Due to the situation being ongoing and relatively fluid we will update this page frequently.
Your Travel Safety
Due to the current global pandemic, we have made the difficult but necessary decision to postpone all bootcamps until 5 July 2020 in order to protect our clients and staff.
This notification is applicable to all of our camps: Thailand, Bali, Sri Lanka and Spain.
Many of our locations are currently under travel restrictions meaning clients are being denied entry at the border, and while many camps are not yet affected with cases, we believe this is a matter of time before it becomes dangerous and irresponsible to be operating in our locations. Our commitment to your safety is our number one priority, and while we would dearly love you to join us, your safety must come first.
Therefore Ultimate Fitness will be pausing bookings due to arrive between now and 5 July and offering free reschedules or postponements the client booked on. We apologise for any disappointment that this may bring, but as I’m sure you can appreciate this is the right decision in these unprecedented times.
Ultimate fitness is not giving refunds, as this is a force majeure event, so we recommend the following course of action if this decision affects you.
Firstly attempt to claim on your travel insurance for a full refund. This will negate your ability to be able to reschedule, but you may be successful in receiving a payout. Then you can always book on later. If this is not an option for you because you have not yet purchased insurance, or your insurance company refuses to issue the claim, then we will reschedule your bootcamp dates for a time when it is safe to travel within the next 24 months.
To reschedule your bootcamp dates simply get in touch with our team when you are ready to do so, and we will make the necessary arrangements, you do not need to respond to this email immediately.
We hope you stay safe and healthy, and we look forward to welcoming you to our bootcamps to work on your health and fitness once this madness is over.
The ultimate fitness management team
- Seek a refund from your travel insurance provider (recommended). We are strongly recommending this because:
- 1. A reschedule may prohibit you from claiming on your existing travel insurance policy.
- 2. You may also need to purchase an additional travel insurance policy for your new dates that would most likely not cover you for coronavirus and we cannot guarantee this will impact the camps at a future date.
If a refund through your travel insurance provider is not possible, and you have this confirmed in writing, we will then be able to offer you the following options:
- Reschedule to a different Ultimate Fitness location free of charge up to 24 months from your original start date.
- A postponement of the trip to a later date free of charge, up to 24 months from your original start date
Refunds will not be given but your money will not be lost as we are able to reschedule your trip with no fees up to 24 hours before departure if the camps are running.
Current Status Of Camps:
- Thailand: postponed until July fifth- Visa restrictions from some countries in force
- Sri Lanka: postponed until July 2 Visa restrictions from some countries in force
- Bali: postponed until July 5 – Visa restrictions from some countries in force.
- Spain: Postponed until 5th July, bookings prior to the start date should seek a refund from the travel insurance and failing that reschedule.
If your flight is running, and the bootcamp has not been cancelled as we deem it safe, yet you choose not to attend but do not inform us with in 24 hours prior that you wish to reschedule, please note our standard cancellation terms will be applicable.
The coronavirus, is now being classed as a Force Majure event. Meaning the following clause in the booking contract is in effect.
a) We will not accept liability, or pay any compensation where the performance, or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented, or affected, or you otherwise suffer any loss, or damage, due to circumstances that come under the definition of ‘force majeure’.
In these booking conditions ‘force majeure’ means any event that we, or the supplier of the services in question, could not foresee, or avoid, even with all due care. Such events include, but are not limited to war, the threat of war, insurrection, riots, global health risks such as viral outbreaks and pandemics, strikes, civil action decisions by
governments or governing authorities, natural disaster, Volcano eruption, bad weather, technical or maintenance problems with the transport, criminal and terrorist acts or similar circumstances beyond our control.